Thursday, December 16, 2010

Aspirations and Plans for My Upcoming "New Life"

Rosie is going to be going to kindergarten next year.  Hold on a second while I cry.  *tears rolling* *sniffle* Okay, I feel a little better and can go on.  If we get her into the charter school that we are hoping to, she'll be in all day kindergarten.  Uh, hear I go again....  *sniffle*  Okay, back to the subject.  I will be unoccupied for five days a week "all day".  So I am going to have time for new possibilities in my life.



1.  Stay Home
I've just started thinking about what I would like to do.  I know, for sure, that for the first few months, I don't want to commit to anything but cleaning my house.  And decorating.  And organizing.  That is going to take a bit of time, I know.  I'm looking forward to it.  Well, maybe not the doing but the finished product of a clean, pretty, organized home.  Because.  We. Don't. Have. That. Now.  Nope, not even close.  






2.  Keep Blogging
I love blogging!  I love doing it, the challenge.  I love the benefits of it.  Cyber-friendships, free stuff, knowing new things before most people.  I definitely want to keep blogging.  Blog more, in fact.  I would like to write more interest articles and not just product reviews and suggested topics.




3.  Volunteer
I found over the years that I enjoy serving other people.  I like helping people.  In school, my tests showed that I should be a social worker.  My favorite job, was working at the front desk in a hotel.  I think I would like to volunteer somewhere where I help people.  I like the idea of more interaction with adults, instead of toddlers too.



4.  Get Healthy
With Rosie in kindergarten, I'll have no excuse not to get to the fitness center.  Hopefully, by then I will be at my goal weight (thank you, Nutrisystem!) and be healthier than I am today.  I'm looking forward to spending the time, putting the focus, on getting and being healthy.  After all, I have a little girl to take care of, I need to be around for a long time.

Whenever you have change coming in your life, you have opportunity!  It's scary, but it's also exciting.  It's a chance to do the things you've been putting on the "back burner".  To try new things, to improve and make positive changes for yourself and those around you!

I've been watching Oprah for years.  I've been lucky enough to be in the audience twice.  The first time was just after September 11th.  Oprah spoke about the effect that the tragedy had on her and how she wanted to change the crazy schedule and priorities in her life.  I don't think she's really had the chance to do that.... until now.  Her talk show is ending.  But it's not an end - it's a beginning.  A huge beginning for her.  I'd imagine that she's nervous.  Anyone would be.  But excited.  It's a blank page and Oprah can write anything she wants!  So cool!  Best wishes, Oprah!  I can't wait to see what you do!

About OWN:  The new OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is launching on January 1, 2011! OWN programming will include original series and specials, all focused on entertaining, informing and inspiring people to live their best lives. In honor of the new year, new year’s resolutions and living the best lives we can, 


Disclosure:  I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network blogging program, for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate,click here http://own.twittermoms.com/about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!