Here's a list for Santa from the toddlers to Grandpa and ten tips along the way!
1. If someone on your list has a Wii game system, games involving their favorite Disney movie is a winner! Did you know Toy Story 3 was the number one animated movie? Office Depot sells this Toy Story game for Wii. When you're shopping - combining two loves is a recipe for gifting success!
2. Parents will appreciate you buying supply-type items for their children. For example, art supplies are always a favorite for children and their parents, both. Office Depot carries Prang, Crayola and Sargent Art supplies like this Prang Washable Glitter Paint:
3. Choose a brand you trust, and you'll know that your gift will be loved! Crayola is one of my favorite brands. I don't think you could possible choose something from Crayola that wasn't loved by a child. Did you know you can search by brand at OfficeDepot.com? I found this tub of Model Magic! Add these fun Counting Bears that are only $7.99....hmm, maybe a stocking stuffer.
4. While I'm on the subject of children - I need a teacher gift! I think this is a perfect one, for the teacher who loves to snack or give treats for her students. Don't forget the teachers, mailman, hair stylist, or UPS man in your life!
5. This is a perfect gift for an Aunt on your list! Does she love to be organized and stylish? When you're choosing a gift, think of the first two adjectives that pop in your head for that person. For my sister-in-law, that's organized and busy. I love this tote and it's made by Day-Timer so you know it will be perfect for the organized woman on the go.
6. Is there a teenage girl on your list? It can be tough to shop for teenagers. If you can't afford to get the teenager on your list that cool new tech toy, how about an accessory for it? For example, if you know her parents are going to surprise her with the iPhone she's been wanting, how about buying her the cool new case for it. Just make sure you don't give your gift first and ruin the surprise!
7. I have a nephew who loves skateboarding. Even though I have no clue about that particular sport, and don't know enough to find him something technically designed for his sport, I can by an associated product that translates over. For example, this Skateboard Flash Drive! Perfect!
8. Looking for a gift for Dad? Does he have a home office like my husband? This office chair would fit his..... list, fit his list. What did you think I was going to say? Leather and comfy - perfect choice! When choosing a gift for a guy, think functional and comfortable.
9. Does Mom have a blog? Or love videos of the kids. Hint....hint.... Check out this Sony bloggie camera! Think about a persons hobbies, to come up with ideas for gifts. Think about the things they love, or love to do.
10. What do grandparents love? Well, there grandchildren of course! If your parents live far away and can't share the everyday lives of their grandchildren, a webcam is the perfect gift. You have one but they don't. Buy one and install it on their computer for them and they'll be able to talk to their grandchildren and can be seen as well.
I hope this gave you some ideas and plans for your own Christmas shopping! Surprisingly, you can find great gifts in unexpected places and reduce your stress at the same time. Have fun and remember to think about the recipient's daily activities to find something perfect, just for them!
About Office Depot:
Office Depot, Inc. is a global supplier of office products and services. The company was incorporated in 1986 with the opening of our first retail store in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In fiscal year 2009, we sold $12.1 billion of products and services to consumers and businesses of all sizes through our three business segments: North American Retail Division, North American Business Solutions Division and International Division. Sales are processed through multiple channels, consisting of office supply stores, a contract sales force, an outbound telephone account management sales force, Internet sites, direct marketing catalogs and call centers, all supported by our network of supply chain facilities and delivery operations.
More info: www.top30smartgifts.com
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Office Depot blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 Office Depot gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here http://officedepotsmartgifts.twittermoms.com/about