Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sharing What Makes Me Feel Lucky

The only thing better than $1 a night movies?  Free movies!  Lucky you, redbox is giving everyone the chance to score free movie credits now through St. Patrick’s Day during the redbox Lucky to Have Friends Like You promotion. Each fan receives a unique web address. Every time someone rents from your address through March 17, you get a free movie credit. Rental credits are valid for ten (10) days after they’ve been deposited into your account. Spread the word, and lucky you could be rolling in free movies this March.  To learn more, click here http://www.redbox.com/luckysocial.
SocialMoms and Redbox offered me a gift to blog about what makes me feel lucky!

What makes you feel lucky?  For me, there are the big serious things and those honestly make me feel more blessed than lucky.  But then there are the little things that make me just feel lucky!  It's a little bit silly and a lot bit fun but these are the things that make me feel lucky.  I'll write about five little things and then five big things.

1.  The number one thing is when I hit a string of green lights.

I warned you it was silly!  But it does!  When I hit a string of green lights in a row, I just feel good.  I think, "wow, that was lucky!".

2.  Winning...... anything!

Sometimes I can win the littlest thing - sometimes something I don't even particularly want - and it makes me feel lucky!

3.  Avoiding disaster.

Sometimes you have a close-call, avoiding a traffic accident, or you start to knock over a large cup of hot coffee on some important papers and just in the nick of time - you brake, or you catch the cup.    Whew, how lucky!

4.  Finding something I thought was lost.

Sometimes I'll misplace an earring or a book, any little thing.  Then just when I think it's gone forever, it turns up.  I feel so lucky!


5.  Being in the right place at the right time.

To win something, or have an opportunity to do something special, you need to just be in the right place at the right time.  Once we were having dinner and a film crew came in and recorded a special about the restaurant.  We were in quite a bit of the footage and later even strangers would come up to us and mention seeing us!  It was fun and lucky.

Okay, now the big things!


1.  My faith. 

About eight years ago, a few things came together that led me to a personal relationship with God.  Major change in my life and it's made my life richer and better in every possible way.


2.  My daughter. 

WOW, she is the joy and biggest blessing of my life.  I am grateful everyday for the gift that this child is.  I tell her she's a precious treasure and only wish there were more words to describe how lucky and blessed I feel to be her mom.


3.  My parents. 

I have the best, best, best mom in the world.  She is there for me every time I need her and lots of times I don't know I need her, but I do!

4.  My husband. 

I would never be where I am today without my husband.  We are often at opposite ends of the opinion scale, but we end up in the middle, exactly where we belong.


5.  Nature. 

There is so much beauty in this world and I love seeing all the different aspects of nature.  So many different and amazing creations.

So what makes you feel lucky?  Do you say lucky or blessed?  Do you like the feeling of being lucky?

Disclosure:  I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and redbox blogging program, for a $25 Walmart gift card from redbox. For more information on how you can participate, click herehttp://redboxluck.socialmoms.com/about)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!